• Breaking News

    The safari of my life.

    Tuesday 14 April 2015

    Day One- The journey begins.



    Day One.

    I start my article by defining (Oxford dictionary) my two worst enemies. The only way to beat them thoroughly is by understanding them. 

    Procrastination:-
    Delay or postpone action; put off doing something:

    Sleep
    A condition of body and mind which typically recurs for several hours every night, in which the nervous system is inactive, the eyes closed, the postural muscles relaxed, and consciousness practically suspended:

    I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to understand why sleep likes me. Why he dogs me with such enthusiasm. The minute I lie on the couch or am a bit relaxed, am taken. Completely.   For procrastination; it is true the energy to do nothing is lower than doing something. So I just postpone what I need to do. The downside is I that I spend a good chunk of my time trying to catch up with the time lost thanks to these two evils.

    I don’t delude myself; I know and clearly understand that nature abhors vacuums. In this case if I need to kick out this two vices, I must have two virtues to replace them. I have chosen: discipline and search for in-depth knowledge in issues I have interest in. This means I will have to put in double effort to unlearn my bad habits and learn my new ones.

    See, today I pay the price of having slept yesterday during the KTN expose on Mandera  meaning that today I stream it live using my data bundles. I could have spent that time reading and the bundles to research more on why Mr. Sleep searches for me with such vengeance.

    My day one ends with me reading 25 pages of Dance while you can by Shirley Maclaine. A book that gives an insight  on the author’s life as an actress who worked in Hollywood for over 4 decades and has won an academy . Despite my love of reading, I have interrupted the reading of this book severally reading about 10 others since 2014. It is time to finish what I started. In the coming weeks I need to shelve the book having completed reading it.

    Today I will do 30 crunches and 20 sit ups before I sleep. Much of the exercise I do happens in the morning.  This is a way of trying to see whether my affinity to sleep at 9.30 p.m. reduces.
    Finally, am happy the drums at Nyayo stadium roundabout were removed today. Joining Langata road from Uhuru highway took the same time as driving from Ruiru to Nyeri!  My friend B came all the way to the Diaspora to see me. I last saw him about a year ago. Isn’t he insightful, resourceful and refreshing? God bless you Daktari and yours.

    Sojourner.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel