• Breaking News

    The safari of my life.

    Tuesday 16 April 2013

    A tribute to fathers

    I have been asked severally to load this note I posted on my facebook wall on fathers day 2012. After declining severally today I bow to pressure.


    Fatherhood is not easy,nor is any type of parenting.It is thrust upon us, without a manual, formula or guarantee for success.

    I toast my glass for all those fathers who either due to sickness, disability, death, desertion, design or default have found themselves raising children single handedly.Working hard while carrying children on their backs,changing diapers,taking their kids to the saloon,barbershop,school,parties,the works.You have earned the crown of fatherhood.

    With utmost respect I pay tribute to those fathers who through trial and error have decided to be fathers.To follow this calling by being in their children's life's day day wanting to make them into worthy humans.You indeed are the chosen few who are shaping our society's destiny.

    A golden medal goes out to alternate and step fathers.Men of noble character who are standing up to be counted while they raise children that they have not even sired.Intricately understanding that every child deserves access to a father though not necessarily a biological one.

    I also honor undeservedly those men who think that fatherhood is total provision of economic, social & physiological needs.Thou this is not ideal, a lot of men with traditional upbringing mistake this for actual fatherhood.

    I raise my glass highest to an emerging class of fathers like myself who by design or default have found themselves so.We have not only mastered the art of being mothers but in the lifes of kids have ended up being fathers as well.

    Any grown up human who goes out of this world having not touched a child heart and helped to raise generations of human beings of good character is worse than an infidel.They deserve to die marked as cowards and especially those who have children and do not know who raises them!

    To true fathers, fathers day is everyday.

    Regards,

    Sojourner

    What father are you?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel