• Breaking News

    The safari of my life.

    Tuesday 27 August 2013

    # Big stick: Safaricom-bad service



    There is a twitter handle named  #twitterbigstick  which shouts on companies that deliver less than stellar service. I like it because it propels some companies to rethink their strategies on what they do about their customers. While I agree that even spelling mistakes in our dailies is becoming such a common place error , I think we must rethink our expectations of our entire  service providers e.g Safaricom and Kenya Power (“It's hilarious that "related searches" to #twitterbigstick is @KenyaPower” while I would like to talk about Kenya power today, I’d rather not I might get a heart attack: I have never forgiven them for disconnecting power during the inaugaration of the 4th Kenyan president) who make our life's unbearable yet their goals is the alternative.

    Today I talk about Safaricom/Sufferingcom (You can use this two words interchangeably and comfortably). For a company that rakes in billions of shillings in profit, makes the most elaborate of advertisements. Is among the highest paying tax payers and is involved in massive corporate social responsibility it is not understandable why they run the worst call center possible- considering it is even a telephony based company. How is it possible you win awards? (We can applaud M-pesa to high heaven and for sure it is innovative but please let your services move commensurate to your products.

    I like your simplistic explanation that with a customer base of over 10,000,000/= subscribers you are overwhelmed by the number of customers calling you. I laugh in rhetoric, who cares how many calls you get- We are your customers you need to manage us-. Who cares that people are calling to say their cat died or they fell out of love? All the callers are your customers it is upon you to pick up their calls and tell them you don’t offer veterinary or love doctor services. I am often saddened when my friends ask me to join post paid service to ensure I get to the “customer service” center when I need it which is once in a long time. 

    I bought the same line I have in the year 2002 and I suffered and endured from  it one of the longest love hate relationships in my entire life. It is a cold protracted war. When I need them, I can’t get them at all. For example, today I have been trying to purchase bundles for my modem and for the last one and a half hours I have been getting a very well recorded message that tells me “all our agents are currently busy now you have to wait for 5 minutes before you are served.” I call again “all our agents are currently busy now you have to wait for 10 minutes before you are served. I call again this time I assume since my issue is an emergency I take the M-pesa route so I press 1 for M-pesa issues then 1 for sending money to the wrong number and guess what she answers for such an error “all our agents are currently busy now, good bye” Surely? What if it was actually true I had sent money to the wrong number?

    While they have a customer care page on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/safaricomcare it was last updated by them on 2013,July 15th  . On the customer complaints I can’t quiet tell whether they are solved inbox or not but they all go unanswered on their page. Some seem urgent e.g sending money to a wrong number and the call to reverse the entry goes unanswered by their customer care even on the lines that charge. 

    The service by your organization is unacceptable. Over the decade I have been your customer I have never liked your customer care it seems its target has been to serve the least customers possible and frustrate the most. Your existence in this market has been long enough for you to strategize and action your plans so that we stop having slow internet connections, unanswered customer care calls, dropped calls, among a host of other problems generally you need to put an end to your BAD SERVICE.

    The reason we remain with some you is because our choices are limited, but as sure as tomorrow’s dawn someone else will come and if you will not have styled up something will hit you harder than this #twitterbigstick. Please remember we have been saying, are saying and will continue saying- be very wary. 

    Suffering sojourner.
    What has been your experience?

    1 comment:

    1. Safaricom sorts customers issues via Facebook,Twitter and even SMS 100.

      ReplyDelete

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel