• Breaking News

    The safari of my life.

    Thursday 3 March 2016

    My obsession


    I was obsessed with him.
    He was in my blood, my skin, my mind and my breath.
    I spent every minute thinking about him.

    I couldn't think straight.
    He occupied me fully. My life was on a standstill for him.
    I was obsessed.

    I remember showing a friend his picture which she looked at for a long time. Her answer was simple " What did you see in him?". I didn't answer. There was no use. He was in my skin not hers.

    I lived for him. Even when he ignored me intentionally. I followed him everywhere; online and offline. I knew what he was doing all the time. I was obsessed.

    I don't think he gave me much thought. In any case he called me by name and only when necessary. I don't remember anything special that transpired between us. But he never left my skin.

    I was waiting for him at this building basement parking as I had arrived 30 minutes early. As usual he would come 30 minutes late. I had an hour to read my book.

    I turned my face about an hour and a quarter later to see him drive through and park. He stepped out of the car. My heart started racing, the building must have been shaking. I thought I was going to faint. I was obsessed.

    Just as I was about to step out of the car he did something I thought obnoxious. He cleared his throat and spat out in that parking lot. He did it twice.

    My heart stopped racing. I could hear my thoughts. I slide down my seat and studied him as he walked towards the lifts. Who was he? Where did I meet him? What in God's name was I thinking?

    I let a few minutes pass then drove off. How did I get to waiting for an hour for a person who spits mannerlessly in a parking lot?

    He was out of my skin. I no longer have an obsession.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel